Friday, July 23, 2010
Our Friday quiz features questions about the Moon landing. You can find the answers in Omnifile by searching for moon landing, or you can follow us on Twitter, where we'll be giving out the answers toward the end of Friday, July 23.
1. Why did NASA seat the Apollo 11 takeoff spectators three and a half miles from the launch pad?
a) They didn't want anyone to take photos of the takeoff
b) In case of protesters
c) In case the Saturn rockets exploded on takeoff
2. The airtight lining of the space suits and the ship's computer ROM chips were made...
a) By hand
b) In Germany
c) Of gold
3. The command pilot was Neil Armstrong, the lunar module pilot was Buzz Aldrin, and the command module pilot was...
a) Charlie Duke
b) Michael Collins
c) Bruce McCandless II
4. What job did the "simsup" do?
a) Lead simulation supervisor
b) Lead symmetry superintendent
c) Lead simplification supervisor
5. Who served as Neil Armstrong's backup for Apollo 11?
a) Buzz Aldrin
b) Jim Lovell
c) Charlie Duke
All the answers are in Omnifile Full Text. The picture of Buzz Aldrin on the Moon is from Art Museum Image Gallery.